HOW MUCH NIGERIAN DO YOU FEEL? - storileak

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Monday 25 September 2017

HOW MUCH NIGERIAN DO YOU FEEL?


I’ve always said the National Anthem , the pledge, felt patriotic when I hear the national anthem playing on T.V, radio, at a march past, But when I say “I AM A NIGERIAN” How do I feel? How do you feel?

I bet some of you being Nigerian has more to do with seeing masses of people doing things that are often termed “naija ” ,”African man style” I bet you watch the news and think that Nigerians are people associated with the term 'tricky' or 'sharp' or 'smart' or 'hustlers' but you see these things from the perspectives of someone standing and watching a scene from a distance. 

Like a person in the “audience” looking in at the ”show” being put on  the 'stage'. Verbally being Nigerian, but soulfully being a person who just lives in it. I think about being a Nigerian, like really pause and think and say it in my head and maul it over and I can’t help feeling excited and a bit nervous.

I used to think ''Nigerian'' was a title that shouldn’t belong to a single person that ought to be shared amongst a group of friends drinking at a bar, or a group of people at the airport, or a gathering of people at the market.

I often think accepting to be an individual “Nigerian” is a title too venerable and pious to be bestowed on a single person. But the truth is, ''being Nigerian'' is an ''individual thing''. 

Nigeria is you, Nigeria is me.

Being Nigerian is like having an international title Like being John Doe the Doctor, Or Jane Doe the Engineer, same thing as being John Doe the Nigerian. So I think “feeling” Nigerian is feeling yourself but acknowledging your “ambassadorship”. What do you think? How much Nigeria do you feel?


Drop the feel below


Written by: La Anonyma

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here